The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
RE: 'Main page'
by kardus on Thursday January 27th 2011, 15:11
When I tried to compile directly from source, I encountered a few problems (the game not working at all) however I compiled from the macports wine-devel version (1.3.11, .12 not out yet) with the patch and it seemed to work fine:
1. sudo port configure wine-devel
2. apply ole patch in: /opt/local/var/macports/build/_some_long_name_with_wine_in_it/work/wine-devel-x.x.x/
3. sudo port install wine-devel
4. sudo port install winetricks
(somewhere in steps 3-4 during the compile it halted and asked me to get some package from java which I needed. After you get it just sudo port install the package again for it to resume.)
At this point I was able to patch/login to the game properly, but the main news page/newspaper section was not working. Also, I was able to start a game but after the countdown, the game would crash and give me a directx 2.0 shader message and crash.
7. Installed the latest xquartz (xquartz.macosforge.org). Remember to login and out of your mac for it to work, reboot isn't needed.
At this point, the game was working fine in OS X just as everyone had described.
8. winetricks ininet (may have to winetricks adobeair too)