The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
RE: Install works, with dlls
by Randy on Saturday September 11th 2010, 15:17
Yea, I tried that. I made sure not to run ffxivboot.exe after the install until I had the patches(about 4.7GB) in place. By the way, I found that some settings in ffxivconfig don't save changes like 'do not use' on the upnp setting. And running ffxivupdate doesn't seem to do anything at all. Also found that XAPOFX1_3.dll is not needed for installation to complete. It seems the direct download of the client is more complicated to get to than it was before from the link above. There are other places around the net that it can be downloaded from though I think. On a brighter side, while working on this app, I got sound to work in the FFXIVBenchmark.