RE: Works fine by Tsendrovsky vladislav on
Saturday February 27th 2010, 11:13
RE: Works fine
by Wain Hopkins on Monday September 3rd 2012, 21:49
I got it to work with PlayOnLinux by setting a couple options.
1) Create a new Virtual drive under Steam and select PathViewer.exe (it will show up in the first window). You probably don't need to create a new virtual drive but it keeps all your settings separate from your other steam games.
2) In General set Arguments to Q3DStart.q3d. If you don't set this the game will ask you to select a "q3d" file anyway but this is convenient.
3) Under display enable GLSL Support (GLSL = OpenGL Shading Language)
4) Also under display set Direct Draw Render to opengl
5) After launching the game set everything to highest settings, especially the two options concerning shading. Without shading enabled the avatar looks funny but shading wont work without Opengl / GLSL enabled.
With all this set it seems to work just as well as it does in Windows. PlayOnLinux makes this supper easy :)