The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
by Daniel Jelinski on Saturday March 17th 2012, 17:42
I managed to run SQL Server in wine 1.4 by following these lines:
- download MSDE200A.exe
- run it with wine. It's a self-extracting archive which will extract its contents to c:\MSDERelA
- in console go to the extracted directory and type:
wine setup.exe sapwd=xxx disablenetworkprotocols=0
- as soon as you start seeing a lot of fixme:advapi:ReportEventW press ctrl+C to terminate the installer.
- now SQL Server will start as soon as you launch any wine application, e.g. wine uninstaller. Remember that it will stop as soon as you terminate the last wine application, so keep at least one running.
- you can connect to server via localhost:1433, user sa, empty password.