SAM - Professional Internet broadcast DJ software. The most advanced
broadcast automation solution that has been developed specifically to
fully meet the specialized needs of online broadcasters. Currently
features MP3, mp3PRO, Windows Media 9 and Ogg streaming support, dual
player decks, advanced playlist rotation logic, drag&drop
management, real-time listener statistics, automated requests, web
output, multi-server support and much much more!
Old test results
The test results you have selected are very old and may not represent the current state of Wine.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
Playing music, playlists, pals, rules.
What does not
Playing some 320 kbit/s mp3 will play them in mono, mostly if they are dual stereo.
Sometimes it crashes for unknown reason, but for now it has 1 day uptime.
It causes a lot of cpu usage, i use it on core2quad 4x2,66 ghz pc and one of the cpu's is at 60% load.
At windows PC dualcore AMD 5200+ the cpu usage is about 20% total (10% on each cpu).
Encoding using the LAME codec is not possible, you can not choose it. It has something to do with the legacy PCM codecs... You can get over this by encoding with the internal codecs (choose mp3 (normal), mp3pro or aac as an encoder - they all work, even the aac+ encoder)
SamReporter doesn't work right out of the box.
Backup & restore using the 'host' MySQL server doesn't work.
What was not tested
Event sheduler, the StreamAds, Windows media encoding.
MS-SQL and Firebird databases as host.
It's tricky and hard to install it right, did not work with firebird database. I've installed mysql on the same pc and setted it up. Then i inserted the root user and pass and a database of my choise in the setup window. There were lots of error during the install, but finally it ran, just ignore the errors.
I even use external DSP's to process the sound and they run.
FOR USE WITH 'HOST' MYSQL SERVER (written by electronico 2009-03-01)
1. install & configure mysql-server on your OS (Ubuntu Hardy X64 in my case) : sudo apt-get install mysql-server
2. install the latest wine and add repository to your /etc/apt/sources.list : sudo apt-get install wine, then sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list and add deb http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt hardy main at the end. Then refresh repositories : sudo apt-get update
3. download winetricks. in a terminal, go to the directory where you've downloaded winetricks and run sh winetricks. Choose : corefonts gecko msxml3 riched30
4. run sam broadcaster setup, choose MySQL as database, choose custom settings (for mySQL) and enter your MySQL root password. Ignore error message about mySQL not found.
5. as told by the previous writter : some minor issues are some button not working (encoders start/stop, same for PAL scripts), the turnaround is to use the pop-up menu by right-click in the wanted fields.
Simple HOWTO: (written by m3gab0y 2009-10-20)
1. Install the latest Wine
2. Install the latest MySQL Server and SETUP it! Just a simple setup, create a root password and start the MySQL Daemon.
The install is easy for some distros. Run this as root:
# yum install mysql mysql-server
for Fedora, CentOS and all in between :)
# apt-get install mysql mysql-server
for Debian, Ubuntu and all in between :)
for other distros, consult your documentation or google "MySQL setup your distro".
After install it's a good idea to set MySQL server to run everytime after a reboot. Do that with this command in the console as root:
# chkconfig --level 2345 mysqld on; service mysqld start
Login to MySQL Server with this command as root:
# mysql -u root
mysql> SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('mynewpass');
Where 'mynewpass' is the password. It should return:
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
This is a really quick and dirty way to do it! So if you are not testing, please read on how to securely setup MySQL server.
3. Download SAM 4.2.2. Start the setup, choose MySQL as server, select to specify the setup details, enter the root password and click next. Ignore the errors.
4. Run SAMBC.exe, it should run, if not, install gecko, msxml3, and richedit20 as described above with the winetricks.sh script
SAM Broadcaster's Firebird server
Note that SAM Broadcaster's Firebird server doesn't work for linux distrubutions. You should create a manual database with Firebird server for linux.
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
error at the registration setup
by fredy on Sunday July 10th 2011, 2:36
the intallation works juts give this
fixme:shell:DllCanUnloadNow stub, when i open sam, and start the setup, everything goes well unntili get to the part of registration, i clic next , and give this error
an error occurred during setup please unistall software software
what i have to do to fix it ?
Error installing SAM
by Rito on Saturday November 1st 2008, 1:38
When i used the sh winetricks.sh command, the terminal gives me an error on firebird or something like that check it out :
err:seh:raise_exception Unhandled exception code c0000005 flags 0 addr 0x7bc44224
fixme:advapi:RegisterEventSourceA ((null),"FirebirdGuardianDefaultInstance"): stub
fixme:advapi:RegisterEventSourceW (L"",L"FirebirdGuardianDefaultInstance"): stub
err:heap:HEAP_ValidateInUseArena Heap 0x110000: bad flags 00000001 for in-use arena 0x137288
fixme:advapi:ReportEventA (0xcafe4242,0x0001,0x0000,0x000000d4,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x7e058e40,(nil)): stub
fixme:advapi:ReportEventW (0xcafe4242,0x0001,0x0000,0x000000d4,(nil),0x0001,0x00000000,0x1372a8,(nil)): stub
err:eventlog:ReportEventW L"The registry information is missing.\r\nPlease run the Firebird Configuration Utilitunable to launch the server thread. errno : 1053"
then I've tried to install Sam Broadcaster, and when the installer has finished , it gives me a error message window that says some error has ocurried on the installation process after that i've tried to open sam broadcaster, and it launches a error message windows that says unable connect or query database.Please make sure the database server is running and configured properly.
so i don't know what to do, to resolve this issue
can someone helps me whit that? :D