- Video chat privately with a friend to test out the new audio and
video synchronization. Please note the new client private video chat is
incompatible with the old version, so to test this the person you are
testing with also needs the new version.
- Pause your video in a chat room and you are now broadcasting a
frozen video frame instead of just a blank white video window. To test
this join a video chat room, then pause your local video window. If the
person you are viewing is paused and using this new version then you
can see their still frozen video frame too.
- From your contact list go to the actions/settings menus, then
choose "video" to change your default video window sizes to "small" if
you prefer. Many users requested that they wanted to be able to choose
small sized video windows in rooms as default with the webcam
auto-organizer. Now you can do this with the new version. You can also
disable the webcam auto-organizer and turn on "Sticky Video Windows" if
you prefer the old Camfrog 3.X video window style.
- Video Chatting one-on-one should now work 100% of the time with
the new version. The old client versions could rarely fail in extreme
circumstances, but after a lot of hard work we have figured out how to
make this version 100% reliable. If you find your private video chat is
still failing somehow and both users are using this new beta please let
us know so we can investigate.
- If you are a free user you'll notice when you join a room your
remote video windows are now small even if the room is in "recommended"
or "super" mode. Don't worry, you can still view large video. Mouse
over the remote video window and press the enlarge icon to make the
remote video window large again. We made this change so users with
small screens can choose to see others with small video windows to save
screen real estate.
- Join a video chat room and right click your local video window to "resize all windows" simultaneously.
- Go to the "view" menu in the chat room window to choose to
"highlight friends". If "highlight friends" is activated and one of
your friends from your profile is in a room his or her name will then
- New language packs is added: Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional.
- A lot of miscellaneous stability and efficiency enhancements.
Old test results
The test results you have selected are very old and may not represent the current state of Wine.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
You can only login with the software and look to see who is online and open a couple of windows.
What does not
You cannot open a chat room nor be able to type back and forth to a buddy or friend.
What was not tested
Options within the software were not tested.
Everything installs just fine, but functionality needs work.