Browse by Developer
> Altium Designer > Winter 09
Build 184.108.40.20657 of Altium Designer Winter 09
Prepared new prefix with fresh winetricks (its cache was previously cleaned up too).
env WINEPREFIX="/home/max/.wine_protel" programs/winetricks/winetricks tahoma corefonts mdac28 mdac27 mfc42 fakeie6 dotnet20
1. Installer works
2. Application launches. After a few experiments I've choosed not to install d3dx9 to avoid 'Program error' message from winedevices at app start.
3. Could create new empty PCB project and get schematics editor.
4. Simplest operations on Drawing of PCB layer seems working (placing pads amnd making interactive routing).
What does not
1. When I try to browse parts to place new part on empty schematics, application hangs. In console I've got following:
err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 816 bytes in thread 0033 eip f7ddf0ba esp 00241000 stack 0x240000-0x241000-0x340000
Should kill application after that.
2. Existing PCB project (very simple - multivibrator which I've created in Altium Summer 08 version learning Protel) successfully opened. But I got app hanging after trying to display schematics and in console I've got:
err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 816 bytes in thread 0043 eip 7efcc22b esp 00241000 stack 0x240000-0x241000-0x340000
3. Created new project with empty schematics and empty PCB. When saving schematics have the same:
err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 2380 bytes in thread 0009 eip 7ef8b538 esp 002409e4 stack 0x240000-0x241000-0x340000
4. New PCB project with only one PCB document with 3 connected pads causes hanging on save too...
What was not tested
Almost all because could not create even simplest schematics.