When failing a mission or completing a ranked deathmatch game and returning to the menu you can't click on anything and hitting ESC will get you back to the main menu but the game will instantly crash.
If you run WA in real fullscreen with no wine desktop you need to ALT-TAB in each menu to get a focus.
* DO NOT SUBMIT TEST RESULTS FOR HACKED WINE. THIS NOT A TRUE REPRESENTATION OF WINE'S ABILITIES
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
Hacked Wine test results
by Ken Sharp on Thursday October 6th 2011, 9:19
What is the hack for? If it is to install, then the test results should be changed to "Work around" for the installer. If it is to run the game then they need to be removed as they are not a representation of Wine's capabilities.
ddraw.dll & user32.dll for Wine 1.1.44 on Mac OS X Snow Leopard
by Isaac Xa on Sunday June 27th 2010, 14:49
• Update WA to to the latest beta version (tested with 188.8.131.52)
• Configure Wine to be in desktop mode with the desired resolution you want to play in (optional but recommended)
• Remember to use GDI as the DirectDrawRenderer:
RE: 2083 by Toni Spets on
Sunday January 25th 2009, 12:33
Working setup with almost recent Wine
by Toni Spets on Monday December 8th 2008, 12:10
I have done some regression testing and wrote a few workarounds for bugs in recent Wine releases.
However, Wine 1.1.3 and newer ones suffer from bug 15789 which slows down the game to the point where it's not playable so the best candidate now is 1.1.2.
Here is a patch for 1.1.2 which workarounds these issues:
* Black screen bug 2082 (remember to set DirectDrawRenderer to GDI)
* Submenus crash the game, like weapon settings and team creation
* Starting SP missions or training freezes the game (a dev is working to fix it for good)