by Abdusamed on Friday October 15th 2010, 23:38
OKay, this is happening to me alot. Initially, wine 1.1.42 with utorrent 1.8.5 was working fine. But I encountered the same bug/error/glitch which I had encountered long before, some 3 formats ago! Same error, high cpu for no reason at all. It use to idle, like right now at 3 or 4 cpu but for reason it would spike to 100! It's not rechecking hash or anything it just shoots up! After google the bug, I found out that I should try updating. So I first update the utorrent which seems to fix the bug but after some use, SPIKE 100 CPU..which lags my system alot! Now I updated wine using ppa.. 1.2... the spike is gone. But 2 mins ago..it spiked again and I had to killall -9 uTorrent.exe and restart utorrent! What's the problem????
My experience with Utorrent 2.0 on Mint
by Mark Capehart Jr. on Sunday October 11th 2009, 17:43
I'm running Linux Mint 6 (based from Ubuntu 8.10 [Intrepid Ibex]). Running WINE 1.1.31 Utorrent 2.0 beta works perfect for me. Everything is fully functional. Skinning works perfect.
The only flaw that I see is when I mouseover the system tray icon, it flickers a bit, but that is cosmetic & does not take away from the functionality at all.
Using the stable 1.0.1 version of WINE I got the "This program is freeware. If you paid for it you have been scammed and you should get a refund." message every time I opened it... After upgrading my WINE version to the 1.1.31 version, I saw this message only once, as intended.