Retail version (including minor patches). Please mention the distribution platform (DVD, Steam, etc.) and game version in your test results.
Old test results
The test results you have selected are very old and may not represent the current state of Wine.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
AFAICT (ie. until after the Origin story) everything, including DLC. But there are some caveats, so read the additional notes (hence the gold instead of the Platinum rating).
What does not
So far I haven't encountered anything.
What was not tested
Ok, now the really important notes, explaining the above:
1. All the testing was conducted with the English DA:O Ultimate Edition. This means, that the game is automatically patched to 1.04 during installation.
2. The installation wasn't made with 1.3.37 but a slightly older Wine.
3. The installation was done from ISOs I'd created from my original DVDs. This was needed to work around a bug, which didn't recognize the second DVD after switching discs was requested by the installer. AFAIR that was bug #25963 (closed in 1.3.36). See http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=26459#c1 for further information on my installation procedure.
4. The DLC was installed manually as described in the HOWTO. In addition I followed http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=20716#c14
5. I did run winetricks to enable strict rendering.
6. I did apply the patches in the order mentioned in http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=29669#c5 to Wine (this shouldn't be needed once 1.3.38 or maybe 1.3.39 is out).
7. I have an override for msvcr80, to work around #28345.
Using DLC manually
by someone on Friday April 5th 2013, 8:13
If you have found DLC downloaded manually, you can use them by launching daupdater.exe in bin_ship folder
If daupdater crash (or can't be launch at all) you can install dotnet20 (also called .NET 2.0) and it should fix the problem (worked for me)
by rkfg on Thursday January 24th 2013, 13:11
I can't tell for sure yet but it seems that turning off the framebuffer effects eliminates these crashes when you open the inventory or such. I play with this option off for the second day and I haven't got a single crash while before it sometimes crashed right after opening the inventory windows for the first time! The error which accompanied the crash is still in the log but it doesn't affect the game anymore it seems:
fixme:d3d:context_check_fbo_status FBO status GL_FRAMEBUFFER_INCOMPLETE_ATTACHMENT (0x8cd6)
fixme:d3d:context_check_fbo_status Location SFLAG_INTEXTURE (0x40000).
fixme:d3d:context_check_fbo_status Color attachment 0: (0x16cd3a78) WINED3DFMT_DXT1 512x256 0 samples.
err:d3d:context_bind_texture >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION (0x506) from glBindTexture @ context.c / 1955
Dragon age and Nvidia Optimus
by 3DRaven on Monday January 7th 2013, 2:34
Nvidia optimus (gt640m). This and other games constantly crashes with error: VGL PBO buffer size error...
The solution is to specify the environment variable VGL_READBACK = synс. And of course WINEDEBUG =-all