Major changes of v1.6 compared to v1.5 are new rifles and an included tactical shield. CS 1.6 is only officially available and playable through the Steam Client.
Old test results
The test results for this version are very old, and as such they may not represent the current state of Wine. Please consider submitting a new test report.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
What does not
MOTD message is just a blank window.
What was not tested
Software and D3D renderer.
I get stable 100FPS with 'Sync to VBlank' turned off; playing on the OpenGL renderer. Played both on bots and some servers in multiplayer - i didn't encounter any problems (besides MOTD not working*)
And i find it funny that CS doesn't crash when i'm changing it's screen resolution in options. It almost always crashed on Win7 when i did that.
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz,
- EVGA GeForce 9800GTX 512mb RAM,
- 2x2GB GeiL DDR2 Ultra 800MHz,
- Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer.
* I've been playing this game for more than 4 years, and through all this time i recall only one server using MOTD for other purpose than advertisement. I find it pretty useless this days...
Solving the problem with audio delay
by Aleksey on Saturday February 5th 2011, 14:07
it is enough just to put in the settings "winecfg > Audio > ALSA (emulation driver). And in the game settings to register the console _snd_mixahead "0.012". If there is a wheezing sound, increase the value _snd_mihahead.