The test results you have selected are very old and may not represent the current state of Wine.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
What does not
1. You have to hit "Enter" twice after you launch the game.
I have no idea why. It looks like the game has crashed and messed up
your screen resolution, but the game is actually still running. Hit
"Enter" twice, and the game pops up. This also occurs with both GTA3
2. Mouse sensitivity adjustments don't appear to effect the Y axis of the mouse.
The Y axis has a very high sensitivity and attempting to "tone it down"
with the mouse sensitivity settings only slows the X axis. It takes
some getting used to, but the game is quite playable with the default
mouse settings. This also occurs with GTA3.
What was not tested
Finishing the game
Just like GTA3, I really wanted to give this game a "Platinum" because it works, out of the box, with no DLL overrides. It's just tricky to start and a little tough to control (at least initially).
intel i7-920, nvidia gtx 295 (290.10), 6gb ram
by Guilo on Wednesday November 10th 2010, 14:38
I have bought the gta classics pack last week. I have wine 1.2 and the same unhandeld exception.
I don't know if this will help but I have noticed a few things :
- Once I have been warned that gta-vc wanted to use ffdshow (I have it in my wine). Tried with and without it, didn't change anything. It asked because of the video before game I think.
- Once after trying to launch it in konsole it complained about ndis.sys missing
- When I click very fast on "Play" in Steam, the game launches twice : but doesn't throw an exception. The screen remains black. I used my shortcut to come back to desktop and I noticed in the upper left corner of my screen, a screwed part of the title screen of the game meaning it managed o launched but didn't display correctly.
If I remember well, I used to play to GTA-VC (without steam) a long time ago in wine correctly. I couldn't watch the intro movie but typing Escape made me go the title screen
by Steve on Monday November 8th 2010, 22:17
I'm getting the same error for both GTA3 and VC. It's telling me there are unhandled exceptions and the game cannot run, and it crashes out. I can't get any errors in the terminal because it uses Steam as a launcher, so I have no idea what is wrong.