This was the official beta client,which was published before the official game release.
Old test results
The test results you have selected are very old and may not represent the current state of Wine.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
you can enter the game and see your starship
What does not
What was not tested
only logged in to see if it worked
using these intructions it's possible to get it to work
My attention was brought to this thread recently, and it's encouraging to see so much interest in getting STO running on other platforms besides Windows. I have been poking around lately with getting the Cryptic engine running under Wine, and thanks to some joint work with CodeWeavers it's looking like full support is just around the corner.
In fact, last night I was able to log into the beta and play for an hour using a lightly modified version of the wine/hacks branch under Ubuntu. Any of you who are reasonably tech-savvy should be able to test my solution:
1. Get the wine/hacks branch from http://repo.or.cz/w/wine/hacks.git
2. Get the following patches from http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=21401: (kindly provided by Jeremy White)
- "Hack to work around issue with GetProcessMemoryInfo"
- "Patch to address failure in GetCurrentDirectoryA with 0x10000 sized buffers."
3. Build & install.
4. Run winetricks ie6
5. Run the launcher, patch up and go!