The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
5 seconds freeze on some actions
by Stephane P. on Tuesday January 22nd 2013, 16:37
I have some 5 to 25 seconds freeze in KB AP 1.2 and KB Crossworld 1.3.1, when I try to do one of many of the following actions :
- click on any menu (for example the "options" or "load game" button on the startup screen, any button like the "hero" button on the adventure map, the spell book from the battle screen)
- click on any castle or initiate any NPC dialogs
- click on any inventory item to pick it up
- click on any skill upgrade from the character tree
- click on an unit to get it's details, from the adventure map or the battle arena. (which is the biggest annoyance)
Basically anything that opens a dialog and other stuff.
When it happens, the cpu usage spike to 80%+ on one CPU cure for the the xorg process, in "kernel" code. KB CPU usage stay stable at 20% of one CPU core.
There does not seem to be any useful log message, since for example, when clicking on the "load" button from the main menu, there is a 5 second freeze but no output. Here is the full log output if you want startup messages : pastebin.com/MRNcG242
wine 1.5.22, ubuntu 12.10, nvidia 680 / i7 2600K. Tried with nvidia drivers 313.18 and 310.14.
Seems unaffected by any tweak I could try in KB options (resolution, quality, nosound/nomusic, and manual game.ini change to try the windowed mode).