Here is the readme file that came with it. I recommend you to read it carefully:
List of changes to Street Wars
1. This patch is for Street Wars only, as sold throughout europe.
DO NOT use this patch for Mob Rule or on any version of Street Wars
sold outside of Europe ie Brazil and Australia.
2. Some of these changes have also had alterations to the text in the game.
This new text is only in English and will not make any difference to the
translated version's in-game text.
- Corrected glitch on numbers when dumping dead workers inside building already
containing other workers.
- Reset pause mode as you view mission briefing and level intro to avoid jamming
the game by pressing pause just before a mission is completed.
- Added cost of purchasing worker to icon help text.
- Tenants will not die of old age whilst they are in prison. Also, they are now
deselected as they go into prison.
- Speeded up display in character select screen when clicking on screen.
- Allowed a dead character to be de-selected from within gang select screen.
- Corrected problem within character select screen when some of the workers were
dead and it limited the access to the other non-dead ones.
- Solved problem of restarting current level from a loaded game which would restart
- Trying to fill bribe bag beyond maximum capacity now produces negative sound and
removes old text confirmation.
- Disabled auto-scrolling of character select screen which occurred if you moved
the mouse to the edge of the screen.
- When a tenant is moved from an upgraded to a non upgraded house or vice versa
where the birth options are different they are now altered appropriately.
- Priest only releases his own team members from prison.
- Increased detection zone around ghost to avoid problem of a ghost running
straight through and missing a target who is running towards him.
- You now cannot use ghost to possess one of your own people.
- If any undesirables are selected along with other members then they will not
attack a house or person with the rest.
- You are no longer charged double for building on land owned by a dead player.
- Undesirables and Tenants now 'remember' when they are invisible after returning
home unless they are hit or aborted.
- Gangsters in own territory will not attack invisible people.
- Gangsters will not attack people in their territory if Police are too close.
This also prevents gangsters protecting their own houses.
- Priest will no longer be repelled by the presence of a gangster in the building.
- Full screen refreshed as network machines disengage.
- Solve problem of killing Policeman whilst waylayed which would crash game.
- Added message to network joining screen to indicate when a person joins and
- Player names correctly transmitted to other machines during network joining.
- If there is no land to buy when a new team needs to arrive they will use an
existing estate. If there is no room they will wait until there is room.
- Corrected bug which prevented detecting killing of Frankie O'Flaherty too early
in CC01 or CC02, killing off Lenny in CB01..CB03 and various other destruction
of entire teams too early.
- Whenever a gangster chases after someone in his territory, when he has killed
the person he will return to his original location if not distracted by
- Percentage of waster income is now paid as bribe therefore they reduce the Police
interest in addition to rental income.
- Human characters will now respond to enemy actions against their buildings if
they are on site and the house is within the territory of its own team.
- Removed hints during network game.
- Corrected display when more than 19 people in house.
- Selling building while scaffolding falling gives full price.
- Gangsters defending territory will no longer attack tenants who have wandered
down a nearby tube site until they return from work.
- Gangsters chasing people off their territory will now only chase them for a short
distance beyond the edge of the territory.
- Police beacons now all start as Council colour. They only change to your team
colour when you pick them up and revert when you dump them back in the Police grounds.
- The game now continues (and doesn't crash) even when one machine in a network
has alt-tabbed to another task.
- Bug found whereby some information was not saved with save game. This would have
manifested itself as the computer failing to perform some functions (until late
into the game) such as repairing properties, building new houses etc.
- The computer would occasionally buy a second estate if the estate(s) it already
had were not large enough to hold the house it was trying to build.
I have instead forced it to reduce the plot size of its intended house and use
an existing estate.
- When people leave and rejoin a network joining session then the old chat text
- I have added a couple of hint bubbles associated with the Braziers to try and
make it a little clearer what to do with them.
- Corrected bug whereby you could not shoot your own female tenants.
- Implemented help text in tenants summary view data screen.
- Tenants will now correctly drop any object they are carrying when they
disappear down a tube site after their house is destroyed.
- The network game now copes with a remote client going off-line and hence
avoiding the other machines freezing when the game ends.