The test results you have selected are very old and may not represent the current state of Wine.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
What does not
I couln't log into an online game with my personalized team, by the way it works fine with the default teams
What was not tested
hosting a game
i had to override some ddls to make it work.
msgms32.dll set as native
msxml3 set as native
windowscodecs set as native
gameoverlayrenderer set as disable (this one isn't in the list, you have to type it into the textbox)
you also have to set directsound as emulation in the audio tab
Admin note: rating changed to conform to the rating definitions.
To get the game running and to avoid most issues, install vcrun2005 from winetricks:
Better sound issue fix reported by Adys:
Crash on login:
Disable Steam Overlay Renderer (rm GameOverlay* in steam folder after opening steam, but before opening Worms)
ATI ISSUES (reported by Callum Fare)
Here's a guide on fixing any Radeon-driver related crashes with Worms Reloaded. This method will execute Worms with the r300g driver, instead of the default r300 driver. This method will (probably) not work for people with a HD2xxx or newer graphics card.
1) Download the r300g libraries: www.mediafire.com/?3mz6711gu36u08j
And extract the archive into your home folder (so you end up with /home/yourname/r300g/)
2) Make a new document on your desktop, or wherever. This will be your shortcut to open Worms. Call the document "LaunchWorms.sh"
3) Paste the script found here into the document: pastebin.com/raw.php?i=dgq9mmrk
4) If you're running 64-bit, then swap /32 with /64 in the driver path.
5) If Steam isn't installed in the default path, edit the wine command appropriately.
6) Save the script, then right click it, go to Properties > Permissions and tick 'Allow executing file as a program'.
7) Double click your shortcut and hit Run.
8) Enjoy playing Worms!
For best results, as always make sure Compiz is off, and use the 2 winetricks fixes also posted.