X³: Terran Conflict or short x3tc will run out of the box, but voices, music and movies will not work. In order to fix that, you need to do the following steps:
- It is recommended to do these steps separately and in this order!
- Also, repeat each step if an installation fails to finish!
- Finally, creating a wineprefix is highly recommended
1.) After you installed x3tc, get winetricks (save as) and install the following:
All of these are necessary to fix movies and music.
2.) Open winecfg and go to the libraries tab. Add "dciman32.dll" and set it to "native"
3.) Install "amov4ie.exe" manually.
Once that is done, run the following command: [regsvr32 "c:\windows\system32\amstream.dll"] (without brackets of course)
4.) download this msdmo.dll and copy it into "/windows/system32/". Overwrite if prompted.
Beware of additional dll installs/overwrites!
If you like to install additional dlls, you should be careful about the chosen package!
x3 terren conflict will run perfectly if you setup your wineprefix as mentioned in the howto, if you install additional stuff like vcrunXXXX, chances are that you install dlls which cause this game to crash or freeze.
The following dll(s) should not be changed after finishing the howto:
| msdmo.dll (14KiB) |
| msvcrt.dll (2.4KiB) |
If you however want to install an additional vcrun-version, it is highlty recommended to cut/paste the msvcrt.dll from windows/system32 into your x3tc folder beforehand.
Once you installed the additional vcrun-version, check the system32 folder for a new version of the msvcrt.dll file and cut/paste it into the game folder containing the exe file you had to install this vcrun-version for!
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
Also few notes, which I forgot to add to test data
by Linards on Friday September 17th 2010, 3:38
1. Multi-display / Widescreen functionality is not available though ATI Eyefinity webpage claims to support Widescreen on Windows OS.
2. Game tested with ATI Radeon HD4670 512B video card with ATI Catalyst 10.7 ( from ATI installer ).
3. Games main menu is with normal FPS ( more than 25 ), but in-game with values written in test data above.