The test results you have selected are very old and may not represent the current state of Wine.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
I ran TaxAct under Wine 1.3.14 on Debian testing x86_64. I had every lib32 package and associated dev package available installed when I built Wine.
Most things worked for me - I was able to completely fill out my federal and state taxes, and efiled my return successfully.
What does not
* There were reported bugs during installation, but the program worked anyway.
* Font size and alignment in forms is OK but not perfect.
* I could not e-file from the program. The secure connection failed. I had to use the alternate method where you upload the prepped file to their website.
* There is a problem with drawing the X used to mark check boxes. It's been there for a few years, since Wine 1.0. The X shows up when you print your return.
What was not tested
* I did not try to watch the help videos - I'd rather read the info. I suspect they wouldn't work well. I don't have a windows 32-bit flash installed.
by Jonathan Lathrop on Wednesday March 2nd 2011, 15:15
I have installed the free version and it mostly works... the main problem is that it freezes when I try to print a copy of my return, it happens when I choose portrait or landscape in the printer dialog. I have to use the force quit button on it.
I have installed IE6 via winetricks ... the icons on links do not show properly but links work ok. The interview works OK except for printing. With IE7 the icons worked but the interview did not work. with IE8 nothing worked. I have not tried to view the videos.