The test results for this version are very old, and as such they may not represent the current state of Wine. Please consider submitting a new test report.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
Installs. Adobe License Manager works.
Was able to install a real trial license, create a new project, and import existing files into it. Code editor is finicky (Wine 1.2.2, Kubuntu 11.04) -- had to maximize and unmaximize sometimes to get it to render anything at all. Call tips/autocompletion works but the popup window style erroneously includes a frame.
What does not
Lots of labels -- for tabs, for dialog box widgets -- fail to render sometimes or always.
What was not tested
* Interaction/integration with a ColdFusion server from within CF Builder including debug access
* RDS (remote data service)
Following and augmenting advice found here for FLASH BUILDER (not CF BUILDER) http://int3ractive.blogspot.com/2010/10/using-flash-builder-4-on-ubuntu.html ... I would say do these prerequisite steps:
0. Get winetricks if you don't have it.
1. Run at the command prompt:
winetricks msxml3 vcrun2008 msi2 usp10 comctl32 ie6
1a. Winetricks may fail to automatically install msxml3. Follow its instructions to download it interactively using a browser and place it where it requests you to place it then run the above command again.
2. Download and install "Adobe Application Manager patch" from http://www.adobe.com/go/applicationmanager . Before I did this, CF Builder complained that the Adobe License Manager was borked. I installed the Appication Manager Patch AFTER CF Builder and then the DRM system seemed to work. You might want to try installing it before CF Builder. YMMV.