To successfully run PL/SQL Developer on wine you need to follow this steps:
0. Review associated bugs and limitations of chosen version and vote for them;
1. Install the latest possible wine version. Please note, in versions 1.3.22 and 1.3.23 there is regression, so do not use them;
2. Download Oracle Instant Client 32bit windows, version 126.96.36.199.0. Higher versions currently hang on use.
3. Unzip it in your drive c oracle directory, presumably .wine/drive_c/oracle;
4. Copy there tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora , where your database connection strings are described;
5. Install PL/SQL Developer as usual;
6. When running PL/SQL Developer you need to pass some environment variables to show where Oracle client lives and some language variables: env LC_ALL=bg_BG.UTF-8 ORACLE_HOME="C:\ORACLE" NLS_LANG="BULGARIAN_BULGARIA.CL8MSWIN1251" TNS_ADMIN="C:\ORACLE" wine "C:\Program Files\PLSQL Developer\PLSQLDev.exe"
This is the commandline string I use for Bulgarian locale and you should change it for your case.
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
by Normunds on Wednesday December 5th 2012, 4:26
Or modify desktop link (PL/SQL Developer -> Properties) modifying "Command" to: env WINEPREFIX="/home//.wine" ORACLE_HOME="C:\\ORACLE" TNS_ADMIN="C:\\ORACLE" wine C:\\Program\ Files\ \(x86\)\\PLSQL\ Developer\\PLSQLDev.exe
by Normunds on Wednesday December 5th 2012, 4:14
Environment: Wine 1.5.18, PL/SQL Developer 188.8.131.525, Ubuntu 12.10.
1) You have to install gdiplus first via winetricks - just execute "winetricks gdiplus" in terminal. When it is done, run install.
2) to check PL/SQL developer, execute in terminal: env ORACLE_HOME="C:\ORACLE" TNS_ADMIN="C:\ORACLE" wine "C:\Program Files (x86)\PLSQL Developer\PLSQLDev.exe"
then adjust NLS_LANG and prepare sh script.