The test results for this version are very old, and as such they may not represent the current state of Wine. Please consider submitting a new test report.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
Menu works great and is smooth. (Gameplay is not) Joining games, leaving games. Closing. Setting up classes works.
Getting some lucky kills...
What does not
Actual gameplay: Map objects, players hand + gun, class selection are all extremely bugged.
Objects tear and change shape incorrectly. Player's hand model may at times cover the entire screen (unknown why it does that)
Whenever pressing tab to view kills or players, game comes to a stop for 2 or 3 seconds.
Corpses at times teleport or start shaking on the floor.
What was not tested
Using a Mic. Singleplayer mode. Survival mode.
FPS is extremely low. In the range of 3 fps on average.
Multiplayer gameplay is way too bugged to be considered playable.
CPU - AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4GHz
GPU - AMD Asus RadeonHD 6870 1GB GDDR5 (Catalyst 12.9 Beta and 12.8)
RAM - 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz Corsair
MW3 is unplayable.
Only had -no-dwrite since Steam doesn't have text visible in Wine 1.5.15.
Options sets for MW3 (no cited are true or full):
Antialiasing off (managed by nvidia driver)
Screen refresh rate 100Hz (different within your hardware)
Screen space ambiant occlusion: disabled (the thing that improve the most lags for me)
image quality... : normal
specular map resolution: low
With these settings I've the same fluidity as the game on PS3 (i've not windows to compare)
As I'm used to play on PS3, I've tried some gamepads with qjoypad (freebox gamepad certainly only for frenchies and logitech rumble F510) and be surprisingly happy of the result.
Wine Internal error
by arkaneus on Thursday June 7th 2012, 2:20
Hi guys. First of all, sorry for my poor english. ;-)
There is my problem:
I am under Cubuntu 12.04 (Ubuntu 12.04 + Cinnamon).
- I installed the latest Nvidia drivers (9800 GTX+ 512MB) through the OS ("devices' policies" maybe in english, "Pilotes de périphériques" in french): NO problems.
- Then I installed the latest stable Wine version (1.4).
- After that i downloaded Steam through the official Steam website (Windows version) and I installed it: NO problems.
- Finally, i downloaded Call Of Duty: MW3 through Steam (I didn't make it through PlayOnLinux 'cause I didn't installed it): NO problems.
- When I start MW3, Wine crash and I have the error message "Internal Error - [...]".
What is my F#@$µING PROBLEM?????
I read lot of Howtos on the Internet, and everyone did the same thing as me. I don't understand.