The test results you have selected are very old and may not represent the current state of Wine.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
Quite everything I tested so far.
What does not
What was not tested
Single player game, as I tested it only with the multiplayer part of the game.
Please make sure you have the latest closed source driver for your graphic card installed (e.g. nvidia -> latest one from their website)
You can install steam as usual without any problems, same for Call of Duty: MW3. When you first run it, it could be possible that MW3 just shows a black screen.
If this happens, let the game crash through task manager, so you can start up the game in safe mode next time.
If you're running the game in safe mode, don't set a resolution higher than 1280x1024, play the game in windowed mode and set the graphics to "native". (not extra or low, because the whole video output could be mirrored)
Play around with the graphic settings, it's possible to play the game on high fps.
Tested with several wine versions up from 1.4, gfx: Nvidia GeForce GT430.
Options sets for MW3 (no cited are true or full):
Antialiasing off (managed by nvidia driver)
Screen refresh rate 100Hz (different within your hardware)
Screen space ambiant occlusion: disabled (the thing that improve the most lags for me)
image quality... : normal
specular map resolution: low
With these settings I've the same fluidity as the game on PS3 (i've not windows to compare)
As I'm used to play on PS3, I've tried some gamepads with qjoypad (freebox gamepad certainly only for frenchies and logitech rumble F510) and be surprisingly happy of the result.
Wine Internal error
by arkaneus on Thursday June 7th 2012, 2:20
Hi guys. First of all, sorry for my poor english. ;-)
There is my problem:
I am under Cubuntu 12.04 (Ubuntu 12.04 + Cinnamon).
- I installed the latest Nvidia drivers (9800 GTX+ 512MB) through the OS ("devices' policies" maybe in english, "Pilotes de périphériques" in french): NO problems.
- Then I installed the latest stable Wine version (1.4).
- After that i downloaded Steam through the official Steam website (Windows version) and I installed it: NO problems.
- Finally, i downloaded Call Of Duty: MW3 through Steam (I didn't make it through PlayOnLinux 'cause I didn't installed it): NO problems.
- When I start MW3, Wine crash and I have the error message "Internal Error - [...]".
What is my F#@$µING PROBLEM?????
I read lot of Howtos on the Internet, and everyone did the same thing as me. I don't understand.