- Fixed some crashes in the FBX mesh importer.
- Added 3dsmax/Maya 2013 support.
- Added preliminary support for Photoshop CS6.
- Fixed a problem that was avoiding the OpenCTM mesh importer plug-in to load
- Fixed a memory leak releasing shaders in the OpenGL graphics driver.
- Solved a problem with Growl ( GNTP-send ) which was causing some crashes.
- Fixed a problem with color dialogs in the OpenGL graphics driver.
- Now you can use derivative maps in the 3D viewport ( with parallax
effect based on Morten Mikkelsen's blog entry )
- Optimized the de-indexing phase for all the graphics drivers.
- Optimized the DX9 graphics driver and dropped support for ps1/2.
- Recompiled using the latest libraries ( Crosswalk 2012.5, FBXSDK 2012.2,
Ogre3D 1.7.4 ).
Old test results
The test results for this version are very old, and as such they may not represent the current state of Wine. Please consider submitting a new test report.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
x86 version (32-bit) in a wine 32-bit environment
The gui runs
Baking textures works from the command line via an xml file
What does not
The 3D viewer (can't find dx9c but it is probably because this fresh wine environment hasn't got the dll's) I will test it later if I need it but all I want is the baking.
What was not tested
The custom settings
Formats other than .obj and .tga but there doesn't seem to be a reason why other formats wouldn't
I needed to make a custom wine environment which was based on win32/32-bit only, so that I could install the .Net framework 2.0
After this I installed dotnet 2.0sp2 via the latest version of winetricks, then ran the xNormal installer (if it complains for WinXP or higher and it's already set to WinXP, you need to set it to Win 7 in winecfg)
Run it from the shortcut, success! It also runs from the exe directly (I use a gui script in Maya http://www.froyok.fr/blog/2012-10-maya-froxnormal-0-6-an-xnormal-batcherexporter-for-maya to access it via wine injecting an xml file, works perfectly after a minor tweak to the mel file).