All versions(with the expansion) of the great strategy game based on ancient Greece universe. This includes the original release of Poseidon - Master of Atlantis in 2001 as well as the version of Poseidon - Master of Atlantis that was re-released by "Sold Out Software" on retail CD-ROM in 2005.
Old test results
The test results you have selected are very old and may not represent the current state of Wine.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
Everthing (Game-play, Adventure Editor)
What does not
The button "Visit Zeus Website".
Bug 14995. Kinda serious bug and that's why the game is not rated platinum.
What was not tested
1) You still need to start zeus by using "wine zeus.exe" at the directory zeus is installed.
2)Poseidon has copy protection that Zeus didn't have. If the cd is in the drive/virtual drive the game was installed from it will work. If you mount the cd on another drive/virtual drive you have to edit zeus.ini(on the same directory as zeus.exe) and change the drive letter on the new one.
(Tested under wine 1.3.18) Fresh installation with virtual desktop enabled. Note that the size of the virtual desktop can be set in "Wine Configuration" in the "Graphics" tab.
The first time it is launched, Zeus starts into fullscreen mode with resolution 800x600.
1) If the size of the virtual desktop is larger than 800x600 you'll see a black screen. Try to select windowed mode (F5 key).
2) If the size of virtual desktop is 800x600 then you'll not
see the black screen but F5 key doesn't switch the game into windowed
3) If the size of virtual desktop is 1024x768 and you see a
black screen press F7 key (this will change the game resolution to 1024x768
fitting the whole wine virtual desktop).
4) If the size of virtual desktop is 1280x1024 or larger then you can use F6 or F7 and then F5 keys to
play in windowed mode at the two resolutions supported by the game (=800x600 and 1024x768).
These solutions can be used with Pharaoh (and its expansion) too.
Throughout wine version there have been mixed results when
running the game fullscreen or changing resolution and sometimes even
windowed mode. To avoid all these problems, you can run the program in a
On the terminal, type:
1)Adding the application on winecfg
First of all, we should add the application to the list so that
changes on wine settings don't affect any other applications. Click on
"Add application..." and navigate to the Zeus executable.
2) Make sure Zeus is the selected application and then go to
the "Graphics" tab. On "Windows Settings" make sure "Emulate Virtual
Desktop" is checked. Use 800x600 or 1024x768 as desktop size. These are
the two resolutions supported by the game, so pick one depending on
which one you plan on using in-game.
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
About cdrom issue.
by francesco delre on Wednesday May 4th 2011, 4:35
I read someone is not able to start the game Zeus from the original support. If this happen then start "wine configuration", select the disks place (sorry, i'm italian and i don't know into english version of wine the names used) and select the real position where the cdrom is mounted (ex: E: # /media/Poseidon). Save and restart the game.
This solution works with Faraoh too.
You can use multiple letters for differents games!
About windowed/fullscreen issue.
by francesco delre on Wednesday May 4th 2011, 4:25
Recentely i've installed Zeus (and its expansion) under wine vers. 1.3.18. Zeus starts into fullscreen mode the first time at resolution 800x600. I use Wine with virtual desktop enabled.
1) If the size of virtual desktop is larger then 800x600 you'll see a black screen. Try to select windowed mode (F5 key).
2) If the size of virtual desktop is large 800x600 then you'll not see the black screen but F5 key doesn't switch the game into windowed mode.
3) If the size of virtual desktop is large 1024x768 and you see a black screen press F7 key (this change the game resolution at 1024x768 fitting the whole wine virtual desktop).
4) If the size of virtual desktop is large 1280x1024 (or larger then 1280x1024 but not tryed this) you can use F6 or F7 and then F5 keys to play in windowed mode at the two resolutions supported by the game.
These solutions can be used with Faraoh (and its expansion) too.
by an anonymous user on Saturday March 13th 2010, 11:33
I'm not sure it is a bug related to Wine rather than the game.
In the case you observe a lack of "notifications" from the game, give a look at the Log of messages. Whenever it reaches the sum 1000 of messages (both read and unread), the game won't display messages any more. This happens in a very interesting way, because offering of goods and tributes are simply postponed.
Solution: as soon as you'll have cleaned the list of notifications from all the old messages, the delayed notifications will appear (even if not all together).