Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
What does not
What was not tested
Installed dx3d9 and vc2008.
used virtual desktop with 1000*615 resolution for launcher
game keeps hangs at intro splash(after login) tried many of the described solutions for other versions like the swtor_fix.exe
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
by marcelo maceratini on Tuesday May 14th 2013, 11:07
As of this morning, SW:TOR doesnt seem to work anymore (new patch).
first it hanged up in the loading mission part (the progress thingy kept spinning), then, on the second attempt it hanged up on the loading screen.
RE: Patch 2.1 by marcelo maceratini on
Tuesday May 14th 2013, 14:33
Package of Working WINE Patched Version
by Nuno Carapinha on Thursday May 9th 2013, 4:41
Can some one share in a package their working wine patched version for the noob users? .deb or other package of the kind would be nicer than compiling it. (having to much dependencies issues on ubuntu)
i successfuly installed the game, patched get the login and get to the character creation, however, when trying to play with a created character, the game hangs on the mission loading screen (the lil blue thingy spins for a bit and stops, and the progress bar also advances for a bit and stops too).
tried using wine in regular and forced 32 bits modes (under win32 mode, wine gives me some alsa errors and there is no sound in the game).
got d3dx9 installed, gecko and vcrun2008 (although no replaced libraries in winecfg)
by xaris on Thursday January 31st 2013, 6:48
Im experiencing a rather weird issue. With lib32-glibc-2.17, in loading, after the thing on the bottom right spins a bit, it stops there, just before entering the character selection screen. Downgrading lib32-glibc to 2.16 works like a charm. Anyone else experiencing the same problem? Im using Arch linux 3.7.4-1 kernel
by Josh Raymond on Sunday December 9th 2012, 15:33
I'm having a major problem with this.
I have done everything as stated in how to get swtor working properly, i got the launcher working, game starts (albeit slow but it does start) and i can select my character and play.
After about 5-20minutes of playing, my xorg suddenly crashes, causing me to have to alt+ctrl+backspace to restart the xserver (assuming i'm lucky enough to do it fast enough before the entire system freezes)
I can sit on the character selection screen indefinatly, even play the cinematics over and over, but as soon as I begin playing, it happens. I tried updating my xorg package as it was alittle outdated, but it didn't help any at all.
Graphics settings for winecfg:
[ ] Automatically capture the mouse in full-screen windows
[ ] Allow the window manager to decorate the windows
[ ] Allow the window manager to control the windows
[x] Emulate a virtual desktop: 1920x1080
There were no performance issues during my tests but your mileage may vary.
Issues I found:
- Ubuntu's Unity desktop decorations interfere with the Wine's window sizing and could prevent game interface elements from being displayed, especially elements near the edge of the screen. I had to move them around using the Interface Editor to be visible.
- you hover over an area objective marker in the main map or mini map (the icons that look like spinning triangles enclosed in parentheses)
- you hover over a quest in the main map's Mission Tracker area that corresponds to an area objective marker on the map
- you hover over a quest in the Mission Tracker of the main HUD that corresponds to an area objective marker on the map. (Workaround this by disabling the Mission Tracker from the Interface Editor.)
It seems to be safe to hover/select map elements except for the area objective markers.
- Sometimes the launcher will report that it cannot get patch data and refuses to proceed to server selection. Workaround is to Exit the Launcher and try again.
Note that I could not test Character Creation because of the new limits on the number of characters you can have on your account.