The test results you have selected are very old and may not represent the current state of Wine.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
Open existing money file (xxx.mny) with multiple bank accounts. Check all accounts are OK. Browse operations and labels. Add an operation.
What does not
Didn't find bugs with quick test.
Just a little bug with accents not displayed somewhere but really present (displayed somewhere else)
What was not tested
Internet connection (don't use it under windows)
I just had to follow the instructions found here (in french but easely understandable!) :
For internet explorer install part, I found instructions here :
No need to change anything in wine config. All done with dll from wine install.
Whaou! Congratulations to wine team for the job realized!!!
ADMIN NOTE 2011-04-08: the instructions below are extremely outdated. They are being kept here as information for anyone who might want to try to update them, but they will not work as-is in current Wine.
2. In the following instructions replace user and group with your user name and primary group.
3. When you see a $ it represents a command that is to be run as a normal user. When you see # it represents a command that should be run as root.
4. My cdrom mount point is /media/cdrecorder, please change your cdrom mount point to suit.
5. I create a sym link named ~/Wine_Drive which I refer to in this document. If you don't want to use this sym link you should substitute it with ~/.wine/drive_c
6. In Money the File>Open and File>New dialogs freeze Money. The workaround is to specify the .mny file on the command line as specified in the last section. If you don't already have a money file then you can use the .mny file that is created by default in ~/Wine_Drive/windows/profiles/user/My Documents/ when Money is started for the first time. You should then specify this file on the command line.
Prerequisits: 1. Have the appropriate version of Wine installed. If you have it installed in a different location than the default please substitute your install location for the default I specify.
2. Have the specified version of WineTools installed.
3. If you don't want to specify the OS emulation version on the wine command line you should set it in your /home/user/.wine/config file:
"Windows" = "win98"
Create a scripts logging directory:
(This step is optional but I recommend it as Wine spits out good debug information
should a failure occur):
# mkdir -p /var/log/scripts
# chown user.group /var/log/scripts
# chmod g+swrx /var/log/scripts
Install Internet Explorer: If you have not already configured Wine using WineTools do the following:
Click Ok 3 times.
Click "Base Setup" then Ok.
Click "Create a fake Windows drive" then Ok.
When that is complete click "DCOM98" then Ok.
When that is complete click "Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 English"
When that is complete click Main Menu then Exit.
Install MS Money 2004 (From CDROM) Insert the MS Money 2004 CD and mount it.
# mount /media/cdrecorder
$ wine /media/cdrecorder/setup.exe
Install MS money with Custom, and don't elect to install desktop shortcuts. Other than those two changes select all the defaults and answer yes to everything.
$ wine /home/user/Wine_Drive/windows/loadqm.exe (don't know if this is required but it worked for me)
$ wine /media/cdrecorder/setup.exe /postreboot /pkg:mnypack
To test the Money install $ cd ~/Wine_Drive/Program Files/Microsoft Money/System/
$ wine msmoney.exe ../sample.mny
To setup shortcuts for downloads and .mny file NOTE: This is useful if you will be downloading statements and importing them into money. (Not required but I recommend it)
$ cd ~/Wine_Drive/windows/profiles/user/My Documents
$ ln -s /home/user/workspace/downloads downloads
$ ln -s /home/user/workspace/money Money
To run MS Money with a specified money file $ cd ~/Wine_Drive/Program Files/Microsoft Money/System/
$ wine msmoney.exe ../../../windows/profiles/user/My Documents/Money/personal.mny
NOTE: Substitute personal.mny with whatever your money file is.
Create a wrapper script Create an empty text file and paste the following into it
cd /home/user/Wine_Drive/Program Files/Microsoft Money/System/
wine msmoney.exe ../../../windows/profiles/user/My Documents/Money/personal.mny > /var/log/scripts/money.log 2>&1
NOTE: If you are not using logging then remove everything after the ".mny" in the previous line.