by J.G. Kyker on Sunday May 2nd 2010, 20:00
Running Debian Lenny.
After having trouble with StrToTime not working in MQL4, I changed my code to just use TimeHour etc., and my test results match the Windows machine now (at least a small test worked correctly). I also installed WINE 1.1.43, and it works better. I can actually run specific dates through the strategy tester (Use Date checkbox).
I'm running a larger test now, and if it still doesn't match, I'll post an update.
by J.G. Kyker on Sunday May 2nd 2010, 18:21
Just a heads up... after installation of Metatrader 4 on Debian, I ran the same MQL algorithm in the strategy tester on a Windows machine and the Linux install for comparison. The results of both tests did not match. It seems to be an issue with the StrToTime function I'm using in MQL4.
There appears to be something quirky with dates and the way Metatrader 4 processes them under WINE. I haven't pinpointed it yet, but I wanted everyone to be aware of the possibility.