Browse by Developer
> Word Processing
> FineReader > 7.0 pro multilanguage
OCR (optical character recognition) program.
Can convert to pdf and leave problematic recognized parts as images.
What does not
What was not tested
As far as OCR goes, I would say that this works flawlessly.
1. Install wine 1.0.1 or higher version
2. Insert the FineReader-CDROM into the drive
3. Open a console
4. In some distributions (slackware and others) you have to mount your cdrom as root, in other distributions (suse, mandriva and others) this step is not needed, but automagically done.
To become root type the command
Then mount the drive with the command
mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
(or another mountpoint if needed)
Leave root-status with the command
5. Change directory to this drive with the command (different in different flavours of linux)
cd /media/FR70PRO (suse 10.1)
cd /mnt/FR70PRO (slackware 10.0)
6. Enter this command
msiexec /iABBYY\ FineReader\ 7.0\ Professional\ Edition.msi
7. Installation should begin. Follow the instructions.