Frame rates were exceptional even with view distance way up
Morrowind FPS Optimizer did a great job with widescreen resolutions and allowing farther view distance.
Libraries: d3dx9, corefonts, tahmoa
No extra configuration necessary
Vanilla ran perfectly with Bloodmoon patch
I was able to install Morrowind Rebirth and some texture mods.
Some mods like better bodies, facepacks and meshes did not work
by Lionel on Saturday November 9th 2013, 16:11
About windows getting minimized, the workaround is pretty simple : the MenuStates of the .ini file is reset everytime you launch the game, which causes it to define minimized windows. What you need to do is chmod it to read-only (chmod 444 does the trick) after having changed the MenuStates parameters to suitable window sizes.
I got it to work with around 50 mods, the thing is the .ini file needs to update the modlist, so you first need to run Morrowind with a writable .ini file (chmod 644 works like a charm), then you can kill the process immediately afterwards (wineserver -k after Ctrl+Alt+F1 for instance), chmod the .ini to 444 after checking the MenuStates section is still well and about, and launch the game !
Works for me at least ^^ ! If you need a MenuStates section, keep in mind that maybe the aspect varies depending on your screen's resolution, I run it on a 1080p Optimus-equipped laptop and if you are looking for working parameters, here are the ones I use :
RE: MGE by Justin Giroux on
Monday January 20th 2014, 17:47
by Farvardin on Monday November 4th 2013, 1:49
It worked for me, but unlike what was said in the additional comments, the game stopped to crash **only** when I installed the **full** directx9 with winetricks, and not just d3dx9_36 which was maybe not enough.
the real deal....
by Grigore Rafael on Sunday July 21st 2013, 2:06
Just use playonlinux and toss it the 'cook book' list above and should run like a charm
As far as extra optimization goes use this : www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Linux
by G. Rodrigues on Thursday May 2nd 2013, 9:21
The problems people are reporting with Morrowind seem to be due to gstreamer. I managed to get it to work by, in addition to what else has been advised (installing dxd9 and vc sp6 -- or whatever it is called) is disabling winegstreamer dll.
Unfortunately, I have problems loading saved games... I use the mod-patches MPP, MCP and a few mods (LGNPC, GCD, etc.). Wrye Mash to the rescue. Use Repair All on the save game. No work. Clean cells. No work. Clean spawn points. Aha, we got ourselves a winner.