The retail version of Quake 4 released on CD patched to 1.4.2.
Please dont post test data without patching to 1.4.2 first
Old test results
The test results you have selected are very old and may not represent the current state of Wine.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
Quake 4 - Czech retail DVD ver. 18.104.22.1686, no protection, i.e. no need for "No-CD"
* Installation in clean wine environment
* Patching to version 1.4.2
* Running in fullscreen
* Sound & Speech
* Changing the resolution inside the game
* Multiplayer (online gaming)
What does not
* I did not find anything, which could cause problem
What was not tested
* All maps. I tested just the first episode
Some benchmarking on latest stable nVidia drivers.
* Linux (ver. 180.51) vs WinXP (ver. 185.85)
* Resolution 1920x1200 @ Ultra quality
Linux: 47.3 FPS
WinXP: 49.2 FPS
Well done! Pretty close, but later i noticed that image quality is much worse on Linux than on WinXP. Textures are not as sharp as on WinXP. So there is hesitation between Gold and Platinum rating :-/ I'm going to fill a bugreport.
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
Q4 won't install - fatal error on disk 2
by Zootal on Thursday August 1st 2013, 13:55
Everyone gives this gold or platinum - but I cannot get it to install. The first CD installs fine, but the second generates Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation, and that is it. Can't figure out how to get past this. Any ideas?