The test results you have selected are very old and may not represent the current state of Wine.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
The map area displays with all of the features working.
What does not
The interface is choppy, and does not display the interface correctly. Menus and other options show up when the mouse hovers over them, and a trail of artifacts is left from the cursor's path outside the application.
What was not tested
The installer wasn't tested, as this was executed from an NTFS partition.
This howto is _really_ old. Installs and runs out of the box for in wine 1.1.22.
This howto is written for a complete fresh install of Google Earth in a freshly created .wine directory:
1. Download GoogleEarth and install (just click OK in the messagebox about the missing psapi.dll)
2. Copy the font Arial.TTF into ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/fonts (copy it for example from a windows partition)
Thanks Jeremy Azevedo/Tim Harper for the following marvelous tip :
3. a) Open the file ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Google/Google\
b) Take out the word "RenderFrame" (line ~44) and take out the word "NavigationFrame" (line ~59)
c). Save the file
4. Set wineversion to Windows XP using winecfg
5. Run GoogleEarth by
WINEDLLOVERRIDES="usp10,msvcrt=n" wine "c:\Program Files\Google\Google Earth\GoogleEarth.exe" (Google Earth comes with it's own usp10.dl and msvcrt, so no need to download/copy this)
6. Resize the little Earth window to it's correct size and drag it to its correct position. It should look something like: