ERALink32 4.2.3 - This is the latest version that does not require Microsoft .NET framework.
Old test results
The test results you have selected are very old and may not represent the current state of Wine.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
All functions. See Instructions below.
1. Install Wine.
2. Run winecfg in a terminal to setup the .wine directory.
3. Download and Install ies4linux using the default settings. This will install to the .ies4linux folder.
4. Open your home folder and press Ctrl-H to show hidden files.
5. Open the .ies4linux folder and inside you will see an ie6 folder.
6. Open the ie6 folder, highlight and copy the following files:
7. Now go back to your home folder and open up the .wine folder. Paste the above copied files in and let them overwrite any existing files.
8. Go back to the .ies4linux/ie6 folder and open up the drive_c folder. Select and copy the 2 folders.
9. Once again go back to your home folder and open the .wine folder. You will see a drive_c folder, open it and paste in the 2 folders letting them overwrite.
You now have ie6 installed in wine. Inside the drive_c folder is your virtual drive for wine. Inside the Program Files folder is an Internet Explorer folder with the IEXPLORE.exe, you will need to make a shortcut to it. Since IE is now installed in wine, you can remove the .ies4linux folder if you want.
10. Install ERALink32 with usual command: wine ERALink32.exe
11. Change font to Andale Mono or other preference.
12. License will update automatically since IE is now installed.
What does not
Text display is still a very minor problem. Displaying reports onscreen results in font being reset to IBSFont at small size and Report Download still uses same tiny IBSFont to select and define columns.
What was not tested
Need to work with ibsfont.fon files to make additional font sizes available to make application platinum. F&I Printers still not tested.
Still need to install IEs4Linux to correct license problem. Use above instructions to make it all work.
After installing ERAlink32 you can change the font by following these steps.
Click 'Setup' from the toolbar then 'Character'
Here you can choose a new Font and Size to overcome the tiny font that is default. Checking off 'Draw Graphics' helps ensure that your outlines are filled in for a more familiar environment. I am currently using 'Bitstream Vera Sans Mono' and differing sizes depending on my monitor.
After you click ok make sure you click 'File' then 'Save' so it will remember your changes.
EraLink - Possible Webbased solution in pipe
There is potentially a web based version in development that is nearing trial stages. Based on previous applications developed by Reynolds and Reynolds it will most likely only work in Internet Explorer. Since all other web based applications work well in Internet Explorer via Wine I trust this one will too.
I recommend not upgrading to 0.9.53 since it creates some graphical errors in the title bars. Stick with 0.9.52 for now. I will report on 0.9.54 when it is released.