The test results you have selected are very old and may not represent the current state of Wine.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
- 8-bit textures graphic mode;
- sound (smoothly, without choppiness - but to make it needs configuration in winecfg);
- long run (for about 4 hours without crash);
- emulating virtual desktop 800x600 or 1024x768.
What does not
- by default sound is choppy, but as stated above it is easy to fix.
What was not tested
- Hardware graphic mode (my card doesn't support it);
- Software graphic mode (cause I've read here that it causes crashes and problems).
To have clear and nice sound need to set in winecfg:
1. Go to 'Sound' tab.
2. Set: DirectSound -> Hardware Acceleration -> Emulation
All test data could also apply to clear Tropico (without Paradise Cove expansion).
Tested with Debian 6 Squeeze using ALSA, Wine version 1.2.2 (compiled) and 1.1.42 (from package installed via lamaresh repository).