Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War: Dark Crusade - Released 2006 - The second expansion pack for DoW - Demo
Old test results
The test results you have selected are very old and may not represent the current state of Wine.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
* Running a program called GraphicsConfig.exe included in the installation directory via "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/THQ/Dawn of War - Dark Crusade Demo$ wine GraphicsConfig.exe" without quotes; I selected default and 1024x768 and continued and it showed me an animation of some robot/creature/whatever holding a gun and moving a bit, it looked fine without any problems but after the creature stopped moving, an error message came up with the option to send, I declined and it exited to the command line. Since this exits with error I will include this in What Doesn't Work below, since it exits with error even though it shows the animation just fine.
What does not
~ Shortcut placed on desktop is incorrect ~ Running GraphicsConfig.exe works well through part of it but exits with an error following an animation/graphics test. * Starting the game via "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/THQ/Dawn of War - Dark Crusade Demo$ wine DarkCrusade.exe" without quotes at the command line exits with the error:
fixme:actctx:FindActCtxSectionStringW 00000000 (null) 2 L"msvcr80.dll" 0xac7a4c err:module:LdrInitializeThunk "MSVCR80.dll" failed to initialize, aborting err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\THQ\\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade Demo\\DarkCrusade.exe" failed, status c0000142"
~ Uninstalling via ALT+F2 and typing "wine uninstaller" without quotes brings up the program's uninstaller which says it uninstalls it but a check of the install directory reveals tons of files and a few directories; I manually removed them along with the incorrect desktop shortcut.
What was not tested
- Nothing other than GraphicsConfig.exe was tested because loading DarkCrusade.exe fails with error(s).
There are some reports that DoW crashes in some situations when using specific version of ATI's fglrx driver.
It seems to be clear that fglrx version 9.3 and 10.12 are affected, while 10.10 seems to work fine.
Crashes occur in (at least) these situations:
DoW and WA: When a scout dies.
Building a Tau Commander.
There are several possbile work arounds:
Use another driver (10.10 seems to work) or try your luck with the free radeon driver
Disable glsl in wine's registry:
- Go to the console
- enter the following command: wine regedit
- The registry editor will open
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER
- Go to Software
- Go to Wine
- Go to Direct3D or create it, if it does not exist: right click "Wine" and
create a new key named Direct3D
- Mark the new Folder(Key) Direct 3D, add a new "String Value" (Zeichenfolge
for german users) named UseGLSL
- DoubleClick UseGLSL and enter "disabled" at the content-field
Thanks to jost for the detailed information.
If you are affected, you may want to have a look at the bug report as well: