The test results you have selected are very old and may not represent the current state of Wine.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
Downloaded latest version from http://www.rockstargames.com/classics/
Everything works gameplay-wise works out of the box!
I run my Wine with an emulated desktop at 800x600 resolution and chose the game settings to be 800x600 fullscreen (the game is still running 800x600 windowed on my Linux because of the emulated desktop though).
What does not
Intro videos where the companies show their logos. Just skip them.
What was not tested
Admin note: rating changed to conform to rating definitions due to limited testing.
GTA2 has a hidden option to
use Glide for video.
1. Set up your controls etc using GTA2 manager.
2. Install a Glide wrapper- I use
3. wine regedit -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> DMA Design -> Screen:
set "rendername" (a String/REG_SZ) to "3dfx.dll"
set "videoname" (a String/REG_SZ) to "dmaglide.dll"
4. If you open GTA2 manager again, you need to setup the registry keys again-
GTA2 manager does not support Glide mode.
5. If you're using GTA2 v11 or greater, you will find the registry key in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER instead of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
6. Launch GTA2 directly, i.e. create a shortcut to start in the GTA2 directory
and run wine gta2.exe .
Because of this I believe the problem is related to the DIB engine. But it's
been so long since I heard that information I can't be certain.