Machine details =============== Executable name : C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\MechWarrior Vengeance\mw4.exe Executable time, date : 13:47:52 Saturday 6/16/2001 Command line : Current directory : C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\MechWarrior Vengeance Current time, date : 04:42:54 Thursday 6/22/2006 GameOS build version : Version 1.1 10/31/2000 Software rasterizer : c:\archivos de programa\microsoft games\mechwarrior vengeance\blade.dll (Size 286,786 bytes) User name : sombra Machine name : ubuntu Processor : 1830MHz AMD Unknown MMX 3DNow! SSE Model=10, Type=6, Stepping=0 Cache Information : Unknown L2 r/w/rw speed : 17 cycles 3444MB/s, 10 cycles 5856MB/s, 9 cycles 6506MB/s Main memory r/w/rw speed : 19 cycles 3082MB/s, 2135 cycles 27MB/s, 6045 cycles 9MB/s Video memory r/w/rw speed : 26 cycles 2252MB/s, 11 cycles 5323MB/s, 11 cycles 5323MB/s AGP memory r/w/rw speed : 18 cycles 3253MB/s, 14 cycles 4182MB/s, 8 cycles 7320MB/s Operating system : Windows 2000 (5.0.2195) RTM Service Pack 4 DirectX version : 9.04.00.0903 Time since booted : 0h 0m 27s Time in game logic : 0h 0m 0.00s (on frame 0) Time app running : 0h 0m 0.00s Physical memory : 262,397,952 bytes (250 Meg) Available physical memory : 64,905,216 bytes (62 Meg) Swapfile size : 485,249,024 bytes (463 Meg) Swapfile available : 242,626,560 bytes (231 Meg) Virtual memory : 2,147,418,111 bytes (2048 Meg) Available virtual memory : 2,147,352,575 bytes (2048 Meg) Amount of stack used : 10932 bytes Memory load : 58% Desktop video mode : 1600,1200 24bpp Mode when crash occured : Windowed 800x600x16 (DirectDraw HAL) In software Networked Machine : No Executable version : 01.06.11.0220 PCI Chipset : Unknown
Processes Pri Threads Path ========================================== mw4.exe : 2 : 1 : C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\MechWarrior Vengeance\mw4.exe
DLL Version numbers =================== msvcrt.dll - Version 6.00.8397.0 - Found in C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\MechWarrior Vengeance msvcrtd.dll - Version 6.00.8337.0 - Found in c:\windows\system32 msvcirt.dll - Version 6.00.8168.0 - Found in C:\Archivos de programa\Microsoft Games\MechWarrior Vengeance msvcirtd.dll - Version 6.00.8168.0 - Found in c:\windows\system32 amstream.dll - Version 6.5 quartz.dll - Version 6.5 Could not find 'Ir50_32.dll' dsound.dll - Version 188.8.131.524 dinput.dll - Version 5.1 Could not find 'd3dim.dll' ddraw.dll - Version 184.108.40.2064 dplayx.dll - Version 4.08.01.0881
I put some dlls but i dont think that crash for havent it
MW4 working (most of it)
by Georg Hennig on Wednesday February 27th 2008, 4:10
How to proceed to get the game working:
- Install it (should work fine; choose complete installation)
- Patch it, if you want to (for later patches, e.g. 3.0 you'll need to set your windows version to win98, because the Cdac14ba.dll creates an executable CDAC14BA.EXE inside windows/system32/drivers directory, which hangs, and you had to kill it several times, when you're inside game menu. For win98 it tries to load something like CDAC14BA.vxd which silently fails)
- Get a NoCD-crack from somewhere
- Sometimes, you'll have to have CD 2 inserted in your drive (or image mounted). The location of the CD must be set as CDRom-drive in winecfg, and in system.reg CDPath has to point to this location, e.g.
[Software\\Microsoft\\Microsoft Games\\MechWarrior Vengeance]
- Create a file "options.ini" inside your game directory, containing this (modify it for your needs, these are high detail settings. screenwidth/screenheight settings might be interesting):
is optional, but as fullscreen doesn't work, this seems to prevent it from trying to go to fullscreen mode.
Without it I get an error dialog saying that my hardware doesn't fit to MW4 :-)
optional. suppresses error dialogs, where we would have to click "continue".
With enabled videos, game doesn't even start. I tried to recompress the videos, without success. Also native amstream.dll doesn't work (with native amstream.dll game complains about getfiltergraph, before crashing, but that seems to be a non-critical error)