Contains 3 Arm missions from retail game. Does not contain multiplayer, Core compaign, Intro and Save/Load Game.
Old test results
The test results you have selected are very old and may not represent the current state of Wine.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
Not applicable. The demo is just a single exe and hpi file, and I'm reasonably sure one cannot apply the 1.0-3.1c patch to the demo
Started fine. Seemed fluid. Things seemed to work
Not included with demo
What does not
- game wouldn't run for me without configuring a virtual desktop
- scrolling with the mouse to the top, bottom, and left worked fine, but to scroll to the right, I had to position the mouse exactly on the edge of the window (!= edge of screen, because my screen is 800x480, and window of Total Annihilation is 640x480), which is essentially unplayable for me.
What was not tested
- skirmish mode
It is tricky to rate this. There are two ratings possible, depending on hardware, specifically: screen hardware.
If you have a monitor that can run at 640x480, the rating is probably platinum
For people with LCDs, which I feel is increasingly the majority, and if the LCD cannot run at 640x480, I feel the rating is 'Bronze', since I had to run the game in a virtual desktop in order for it to run at all, and it was unusably difficult to scroll the screen to the right. The mouse pointer had to be positioned *exactly* over the edge of the virtual desktop window, which was far too annoying to actually play.
Note that the full TA version, with 1.0-3.1c patch works fine in a virtual desktop: scrolling with a mouse is fine, but the demo was, for me, effectively unplayable.
This despite the gaem installing and running perfectly without a hitch, but without being able to scroll around easily it's for me I feel a showstopper that renders the demo for me unplayable.
For those with a monitor that can run at 640x480, the effective rating I feel is 'platinum'.
- I feel that the demo probably won't run playably unless you can set your screen resolution to 640x480.
- Note that the full TA retail version, with the 3.1c patch installed,
is I feel fully playable, doesn't have the mouse scrolling issue that
the demo has.
- essentially, unless you can set your screen resolution to 640x480, the demo will probably crash on startup, unless you use a virtual desktop. If you create a virtual desktop, you may find that scrolling with the mouse is unworkably difficult, because you have to position the mouse pointer exactly over the edge of the window.
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
Links to demo
by Nathan Bennett on Monday December 15th 2008, 22:31
I thought I would post a few links to the demo. Please note, I have not tested all of these.