- Copy from a windows xp partition to ~/drive_c/windows/system32/ (or download from internet) :
- Install VBscript :
wine vbs56men.exe /Q
- Install DCOM98.exe (find this on internet) :
Set windows compatibility to win98 with winecfg.
WINEDLLOVERRIDES=ole32,advpack=n wine DCOM98.EXE /Q
- Re-set windows compatibility to windows XP with winecfg
- Set sound to OSS, Hardware acceleration to Emulation with winecfg
- Textures in the editor are sometimes missing, but during gameplay are ok.
- Future Pinball needs natives dlls for DCOM.
- Future Pinball needs native urlmon.dll.
What was not tested
- I haven't test every options of the editors, but globally it seems ok
- Tested on a Feisty, with nvidia driver enabled (nvidia 6600GT)
- With wine 0.9.40, sound work very well on my config.
- I set rating to Silver because of editor textures issues, but it's very close to be a Gold rating :)