Browse by Developer
> Educational Software, CBT
> MindManager > Pro 6
- program does install OK, despite the following errors:
fixme:msi:msi_unimplemented_action_stub MsiPublishAssemblies -> 8 ignored L"MsiAssembly" table values
wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x00000000 at address 0x603ab8ee (thread 000e), starting debugger
I updated Fedora 7 to wine-0.9.39-1.fc7 (available now through yum)
I then installed winetricks from http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks which I used to install:
- Visual C++ 2005 redistributable libraries
The application now runs OK!!!!
- fonts all display OK
- all graphics appear to display OK
- save document works OK
- customise (show full menus) works OK
- create new topic works OK
- create subtopic works OK
What does not
One big problem I have now is the CPU usage.
MindManager is sitting on about 45%, wineserver on 20% and Xorg taking up to 50%. This is on a 2ghz celeron PC that I am using for testing.
The app appears to be working OK but this performance hit is making it pretty much impossible for it to be usable.
When trying to modify the map style there is at least a 20 second delay from right clicking to when the menu comes up.
- everything I tested works - its just very very SLOW, too slow to really be usable
What was not tested
- didn't test any extra features link inserting hyperlinks, images, etc - its too slow at the moment to really be usable
I'd rate this as BRONZE basically due to the performance issues.
It's just running incredibly slowly, but otherwise everything appears to be working OK.