Browse by Developer
> IDL > 6.0
1. Interactive development environment (idlde) runs on my x86 system.
2. Commands execute.
3. Display output to screen works in both black and white and in color.
3. Postscript and encapsulated output to file works, and these files can be used with LaTeX, including text label replacement with psfrag package.
4. Help viewer works (Wine downloads Gecko renderer).
5. Changing preferences such as fonts works.
What does not
1. In Help viewer, only the main index works. Other options, such as search, do not display any content.
What was not tested
1. Printing to an actual printer was untested.
*NOTE*: I tested this with Wine 0.9.35, but this option was not available in the "Tested release" choices. I do not intend to upgrade my Debian unstable system by hand at this stage.