2) When you want to disable the Advertisement, run: wine regedit
3) Go to the key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/Acrobat Reader/8.0
4) Create a key with the name "Downtown"
5) Go to the key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Adobe/Acrobat Reader/8.0/Downtown
6) Add a DWORD with the Name "bDontShowAtLaunch" and set the Value to "1"
The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. WineHQ is not responsible for what they say.
by LanoxxthShaddow on Tuesday May 6th 2008, 8:04
To associate .pdf files with wine, right click a pdf file, properties, click on the button beside type and in Application Preference Order click add and add a new application, e.g. name it acrobat. As command you enter:
wine start %ProgramFiles%/Adobe/Reader\ 8.0/Reader/AcroRd32.exe $(winepath -w %f)
%f passes the path/filename and winepath turns it into a windows path, otherwise you will get a: file not found error.