The test results you have selected are very old and may not represent the current state of Wine.
Selected Test Results (selected in 'Test Results' table below)
FINALLY, IT WORKS!!! :D
Everything is working perfectly! I have just started a game and I am playing it with all settings maxed out.
Changing resolutions and settings work.
Creating different characters at once work.
(Read below the Extra Comments for guidance on installation)
What does not
* Installation right out of the box (See Extra Comments).
* The game doesn't restore your display settings after quitting. But you can do it manually by running XOrg.
What was not tested
Well, I just began to play, so I didn't reach the final boss yet. But I have played for 5 hours long in one single stroke, using magic, using Town Portals, saving and loading the game, and everything is working perfectly.
I want to thank Chris for his test date on Fate: Undiscovered Realms (http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=13042&iTestingId=44313), since due to his help I was able to get this game actually running.
* I installed the game from the downloadable executable from Fate's official site (http://www.playfate.com).
* My game is patched to the 1.21 version using the official patch.
* Also, I have installed the Free Bonus Pack that was released more or less at the same time than the v1.21 patch.
* The installation (and therefore, the game) won't work at all unless you have previously installed DX9 and IE6 via winetricks.
* For getting the game running, you must uninstall Wild Tangent's Web Driver BEFORE running the game for the first time.
* Also, a crack is needed; without it, the game just crashes on launch.
I got this working
by Shawn on Tuesday November 9th 2010, 3:29
Hi, a little late but I got this to work though PlayonLinux, and by pulling out my hair.
Get PlayonLinux, and when it is updated and set up, open it and click install, then Internet, and install Internet explorer6.
After Internet explorer 6 is done installing click install, look to the bottom where it says install an unsupported package or a .pol, click it, then click manual install, click forward, select edit an existing application, choose Internet explorer 6, click forward, and then browse to installer file for Fate and select it.
This install works on Ubuntu 10.04 lts, with wine 1.3.6 and PlayonLinux 3.8.6. You need the installer from their website and a "patched"(cracked) fate.exe file that i cant tell you where to get it but just search it out. One issue so far is that in your inventory you can't see the items, they are blurred but if you mouse over them it tells you what they are. I am sure this is a setting, or dll or something easy fixable, I just haven't found it, it seems all else works though and you can see the items on you.