GTA2 has a hidden option to
use Glide for video.
1. Set up your controls etc using GTA2 manager.
2. Install a Glide wrapper- I use
3. wine regedit -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> DMA Design -> Screen:
set "rendername" (a String/REG_SZ) to "3dfx.dll"
set "videoname" (a String/REG_SZ) to "dmaglide.dll"
4. If you open GTA2 manager again, you need to setup the registry keys again-
GTA2 manager does not support Glide mode.
5. If you're using GTA2 v11 or greater, you will find the registry key in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER instead of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
6. Launch GTA2 directly, i.e. create a shortcut to start in the GTA2 directory
and run wine gta2.exe .
Because of this I believe the problem is related to the DIB engine. But it's
been so long since I heard that information I can't be certain.