Beta version of foobar2000.
- loading and various operations on files (converting, masstagging, tagging from freeDB, computing & applying replaygain, renaming files, ...)
- playing audio works (but stutters if the system is under heavy load, more so than native players in my experience).
- the preferences menu
- the columns_ui plugin somewhat works
What does not
-status bar does not refresh
- columns_ui has issues :
- any use of mouse wheel instantly crashes foobar when in this mode.
- resizing columns with the mouse doesn't fully work (=>need to do it thru preferences)
- clicking a column header doesn't make it sort => need to right click and choose "sort ascending".
- writing id3v2.4 tags has issues. At least, it was noticed "DISCNUMBER" tags are unsuccessfully written into TPOS ID3 frames (foobar writes a TPOS frame, but it contains nothing instead of the string). this behaviour is only observed when running with wine.I loaded 4000 mp3 files, and converted the tags from APEv2 to id3v2.4, and so far I only noticed this issue with DISCNUMBER, *and* 2 files that were truncated to zero-size (not sure exactly what caused it, as repeating the process didn't trigger the same issue).
What was not tested
all the other features
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 01 2011||1.2.3||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 06 2009||1.1.32||Yes||Yes||Gold||an anonymous user|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Sep 13 2009||1.1.29||Yes||Yes||Silver||Ryan|
|Show||Mandriva 2009.1 'Spring'||Jun 16 2009||1.1.23||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Ryan|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.04 "Jaunty" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Jun 07 2009||1.1.23||Yes||Yes||Silver||an anonymous user|
|Bug #||Description||Status||Resolution||Other apps affected|
|2286||Foobar2000 audio player has redraw problems||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|3500||Foobar2000 Preference dialog won't work like it should(comctl32 bug)||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|3501||Foobar2000 main toolbars can't remember their position||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|3502||Foobar2000 DirectSound output causes terrible background noise||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|5158||Foobar2000 fails to write ID3v2 frame to file||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|7205||Using ALT-F to bring up File menu crashes foobar2000||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|10495||Wine should support PulseAudio||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|11233||foobar2000 only uses 1 CPU||CLOSED||DUPLICATE||View|
|11919||foobar2000 with foo_facets.dll: clicking popup menu item to display facets pane/view does nothing||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|12003||foobar2000-0.9.4.4 status bar not updated||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|12004||foobar2000-0.9.4.4 toolbars not moveable||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|12045||foobar2000 0.9.4.4 - window close lag||CLOSED||INVALID||View|
|12939||Selection using control key and mouse button does not work||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|12989||Foobar2k: crashes wine when reading MP3 file from my local MP3 server.||CLOSED||ABANDONED||View|
|13539||Equalizer in foolbar2000 does not work||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
|18749||Certain Applications can't be resized larger than screen resolution||CLOSED||ABANDONED||View|
|19058||foobar2000: the window is messed up||CLOSED||FIXED||View|
The beta version of foobar2000 uses Directsound by default, which can cause some problems when playing music. In order to get the program to play music properly, you must set the Hardware Acceleration to emulate Directsound. Go to a terimal and type in "winecfg". A window will open with options for you to modify. Click on the Audio tab, and then look for "Hardware Acceleration". It is currently on "Full". Click on it, and you will have a list of options. Click on "Emulation", and then click on "Apply". foobar2000 should now be able to play music. Note that this will make foobar2000 version 0.8.3 give out an error when you try to play an audio file. Just change it back to "Full" in winecfg when you're done using foobar2000 version 0.9 beta.
following this link:http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=964580
Launch winecfg with below command.
In audio tab, only select oss driver.
Using below command to launch foobar2000, or just prefix the launch command in the shortcut with padsp
padsp wine foobar2000.exe
P.S. This workaround may crash pulseaudio.