Nero CD-DVD Speed
CD-DVD Speed is a utility that can run a variety of tests on optical media, such as CDs and DVDs.
If your optical drive supports them, CD-DVD Speed offers the following main features:
- Transfer rate test: tests the speed at which your optical drive can read a disc. A slow or fluctuating read graph may indicate a problem with the disc or drive.
- Create disc: Allows for burning an ISO image to a disc. Alternately, the program can fill the disc with random garbage data.
- Disc info: Displays information about the inserted disc, such as size and manufacturer.
- Disc Quality: Scans a disc for errors. While some errors are normal and can be corrected on-the-fly, high numbers of errors may indicate a degraded or damaged disc. Not all drives properly support this test; some can also test jitter, another factor that influences a disc's compatibility.
- Advanced Disc Quality: A more in-depth error scan, supported by few drives.
- ScanDisc: Tries to read every sector of a disc and reports which sectors are in good condition, damaged, or unreadable.
- TA jitter: Another form of jitter test.
Other features include a variety of drive tests and benchmarks, the ability to erase or format a disc, and a built-in function for saving screenshots.
CD-DVD Speed was included with several version of Nero and was also made available as freeware; however, it is no longer developed or made available by its author. Its successor is Nero Discspeed.
For more details and user comments, view the versions of this application
|Version||Description||Latest Rating||Latest Wine version tested||Test results||Comments|
|220.127.116.11||The last version of CD-DVD Speed.||Silver||1.1.38||1||0|