Adobe Animate (formerly Adobe Flash Professional, Macromedia Flash, and FutureSplash Animator) is a multimedia authoring and computer animation program developed by Adobe Systems.
Package for web animation. Originally produced by Macromedia, currently distributed by Adobe.
Product History from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...
- Flash 1 (December 1996) - a Macromedia re-branded version of the FutureSplash Animator
- Flash 2 (June 1997) - the object library was added to Flash
- Flash 4 (15 June 1999) - internal variables, an input field, advanced Actionscript, and streamingMP3
- Flash MX (15 March 2002) - Unicode, UI Components, XML, compression, streaming video codec
- Flash MX 2004 (9 September 2003) - text alias, Actionscript 2.0, improved streaming video codec, behaviors
- Flash MX 2004 Pro (9 September 2003) - all Flash MX 2004 features plus a form and slide editor, web services integration, Object Oriented Programming
in ActionScript 2.0, and Media Playback components, which encapsulate a
complete MP3 and/or FLV player in a component that may be placed in a
- Flash 8 (released on September 13, 2005) - Added an external interface allowing the host machine to programmatically control Flash content.
- Flash 8 Pro (released on September 13, 2005)
- From creating the interactive Web sites, presentations to mobile
contents with improved higher-quality of video codec and encoder. Added
Filters and Blending Modes for movie-clips and buttons.
- Adobe Flash CS3 Professional (as version 9, released on April 16, 2007)
- Adobe Flash CS4 Professional (as version 10, released on October 15, 2008)
- Flash Professional CC (2014)
- Adobe Flash Professional CC 2015 (15)
- Adobe Animate CC 2015.1 (15.1)
- Adobe Animate CC 2017 (16)
For more details and user comments, view the versions of this application
|Version||Description||Rating||Wine version||Test results||Comments|
|Flash 5||One of the most popular vector animation programs for the web.||Garbage||1.6.2||2||0|
|Flash 8||Version 8 of Macromedia's Flash animation program.||Platinum||1.3.4||9||0|
|Flash 8.0 Professional||Released with Flash Player 8, new features in Macromedia Flash 8 Professional included: graphical filters (blur, drop shadow, glow, etc.) and blend modes,||Bronze||1.7.39||9||0|
|Flash CS3||Version 9; the first Adobe branded version of Flash, to be released with the Adobe Creative Suite 3||Bronze||1.4.1||10||0|
|Flash CS4||Version 10; released October 15, 2008||Garbage||1.3.14||9||0|
|Flash CS5||Flash CS5 was released on April 12, 2010 and launched for purchase on||Silver||1.9.11||4||0|
|Flash CS6 (12.0)||Adobe Flash Professional CS6 was released in 2012. It includes support for publishing files as HTML5 and generating sprite sheets.||Bronze||1.4.1||3||3|
|Flash MX||Version 6; released March 15, 2002.||Platinum||1.1.20||4||0|
|Flash MX 2004||Version 7; released September 9, 2003.||Platinum||1.1.32||6||0|
|Flash Professional CC||Installed with trial version of Flash CC 13 64bit||Garbage||2.0||1||0|
|Flash Professional CC 2015||Version 15, released on June 15, 2015.||Bronze||2.4||1||0|