Adobe Animate (formerly Adobe Flash Professional, Macromedia Flash, and FutureSplash Animator) is a multimedia authoring and computer animation program developed by Adobe Systems.
Package for web animation. Originally produced by Macromedia, currently distributed by Adobe.
Product History from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...
- Flash 1 (December 1996) - a Macromedia re-branded version of the FutureSplash Animator
- Flash 2 (June 1997) - the object library was added to Flash
- Flash 4 (15 June 1999) - internal variables, an input field, advanced Actionscript, and streamingMP3
- Flash MX (15 March 2002) - Unicode, UI Components, XML, compression, streaming video codec
- Flash MX 2004 (9 September 2003) - text alias, Actionscript 2.0, improved streaming video codec, behaviors
- Flash MX 2004 Pro (9 September 2003) - all Flash MX 2004 features plus a form and slide editor, web services integration, Object Oriented Programming
in ActionScript 2.0, and Media Playback components, which encapsulate a
complete MP3 and/or FLV player in a component that may be placed in a
- Flash 8 (released on September 13, 2005) - Added an external interface allowing the host machine to programmatically control Flash content.
- Flash 8 Pro (released on September 13, 2005)
- From creating the interactive Web sites, presentations to mobile
contents with improved higher-quality of video codec and encoder. Added
Filters and Blending Modes for movie-clips and buttons.
- Adobe Flash CS3 Professional (as version 9, released on April 16, 2007)
- Adobe Flash CS4 Professional (as version 10, released on October 15, 2008)
- Flash Professional CC (2014)
- Adobe Flash Professional CC 2015 (15)
- Adobe Animate CC 2015.1 (15.1)
- Adobe Animate CC 2017 (16)
For more details and user comments, view the versions of this application
|Version||Description||Latest Rating||Latest Wine version tested||Test results||Comments|
|Animate CC 2020||Adobe Animate CC 2020 is a new and powerful animating application designed and developed by Adobe through which users can design animation which supports web formats. ... It also has brushes and templates which will improve animation production and creation.||Garbage||6.9||1||0|
|Flash 5||ÂOne of the most popular vector animation programs for the web.||Garbage||1.6.2||2||0|
|Flash 8||Version 8 of Macromedia's Flash animation program.||Gold||6.9||11||0|
|Flash 8.0 Professional||Released with Flash Player 8, new features in Macromedia Flash 8 Professional included: graphical filters (blur, drop shadow, glow, etc.) and blend modes,||Gold||4.0.4||17||0|
|Flash CS3||Version 9; the first Adobe branded version of Flash, to be released with the Adobe Creative Suite 3||Bronze||2.22||11||0|
|Flash CS4||Version 10; released October 15, 2008||Garbage||1.3.14||9||0|
|Flash CS5||Flash CS5 was released on April 12, 2010 and launched for purchase on||Platinum||6.2-staging||6||0|
|Flash CS6 (12.0)||Adobe Flash Professional CS6 was released in 2012. It includes support for publishing files as HTML5 and generating sprite sheets.||Platinum||4.0.2||8||1|
|Flash MX||Version 6; released March 15, 2002.||Platinum||6.8||5||0|
|Flash MX 2004||Version 7; released September 9, 2003.||Platinum||6.4-staging||7||0|
|Flash Professional CC||Installed with trial version of Flash CC 13 64bit||Garbage||2.0||1||0|
|Flash Professional CC 2015||Version 15, released on June 15, 2015.||Bronze||2.4||1||0|