"Put an end to the annoying business of looking for and inserting your CDs/DVDs.
With Virtual CD you can create compressed 1:1 copies (virtual CDs/DVDs) to your hard drive. You can then store your originals safely in a cabinet! Your virtual CDs are then available with a simple click or even automatically with the autostart of the corresponding program.No more drive noise, no more changing CDs, no more slow CD start-up.
With Virtual CD you receive up to virtual drives that behave just like the "real" physical CD/DVD drives - except that they are up to 200x faster! The only noise you hear is music or the applications sounds, and all you need to do is play, work and enjoy.Fast, convenient, effective!
needs to handle fragile CDs any more in order to run applications. Your
children don't need to, nor do your colleagues or you yourself!
Music, games, searching programs, grafic programs - all will be loaded faster and is immediately accessible. You can simultaneously use a number of different CD programs without needing to purchase a number of CDdrives - this pays off quickly.
Virtual CD offers you more!
- You can use virtual CDs in a network!
- You can burn virtual CDs to a CD-R!
- You can protect your virtual CDs with a password or encryption!
- You can protect your "real" physical CD/DVD drives with a password!
No risks, proven quality!
Millions of private and professional users worldwide enjoy the advantages of Virtual CD since 1998. Each year coveted awardes confirm how easy Virtual CD is to operate - thus it will undoubtedly earn your enthousiasm. Whether game-CDsm route planners, lexicons, reference CDs - with Virtual CD you have everything at hand.
Range of function (excerpt)
- Availability of up to 23 virtual drives.
- Unlimited number of virtual CDs.
- Editor to create virtual CDs with any content.
- Automatic recognition of title, album, and artist for audio CDs.
- Supports DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, Photo-CD and CD-Text formats.
- Easy-to-use, simplified copy mode for the novice user.
- Virtual CDs can be organized in folders.
- Import of ISO-conforming container files (data exchange with CD-R software).
- Improved data compression.
- Access to virtual CDs, which are within the network.
- Supports up to 99 audio tracks per virtual CD.
- Editing of existing virtual CDs with the Virtual CD Editor.
- Drive editor enables easy changes of the number of virtual drives.
- Virtual CDs are password-protected from unauthorized access.
New in Virtual CD v7
- Extensive burning functions
- "Automatic Copy"-Mode
- Flexible CD views
- Complete ISO support
- Better online update
- Expanded cataloging functions
- and much more
(From the official website)
For more details and user comments, view the versions of this application
|Version||Description||Latest Rating||Latest Wine version tested||Test results||Comments|
|2.0||Visual CD Version 2.0 (January 2005)||Silver||0.9.36.||1||0|
|7.1||Released December 5th 2005||Garbage||0.9.6.||1||0|