Birth of America 2 - Wars in America 1750-1815
Birth of America II: Wars in America 1750-1815 follows the successful historical strategy videogame Birth of America, AGEOD's American Civil War and Napoleon's Campaigns. It is the long-awaited well-expanded sequel of the acclaimed first game that made AGEOD. You can now fight all the big wars that made America between 1750 and 1815.
Wars in America 1750-1815 is a stand-alone game not compatible with the previous one. It includes:
- New cohesion system (based on the American Civil War/Napoleon's Campaigns model) and its impact on combat
- Brand new concept of Engagement Points, allowing options for armaments purchases, political, economic and diplomatic options.
- In addition, a challenging Foreign Entry competitive engine will allow player to struggle in the race for the French Intervention.
- New orders (e.g. spiking the guns, surrender with the Honour of War, remove leader, distant unload from ships).
- New abilities (adapted from those of American Civil War/Napoleon's Campaigns and new rules here)
- Different updates and other rules (e.g. combat, Indians, minutemen, blockade, privateers, naval transport, optional limited activation rules, German mercenaries, etc...)
- New in game Replay module allows to see the turn you played (or any other—exchange them with friends!)
- Updater module to check if you play with the latest game version.
- Play-by-email and TCP/IP ARES module
- Improved AI
- Multiple resolutions Interface
- New map: extension of the map up to the Mississippi in the west, blockade and commerce raiding boxes, new European off-map boxes (France, GB, Spain, Holland) or in the Americas (Hudson Bay, Newfoundland, Cuba)
- Over a hundred new leaders and units.
- New Scenarios (including at least the following)
- Scenarios 1750-1780: Lord Dunmore War, new FIW 1755-1763 war campaign, Galvez 79
- Scenarios 1780-1800: Fallen Timbers 1791-1794
- Scenarios 1812-1815: Great Lakes 1813, Full War of 1812-1815 campaign, New Orleans 1815
- New Events (according to scenarios) and wide set of options for you to customize your strategy.
- Widely extended manual and player's aides.
- New extra in game music from the time, thanks to the performance and support of 3rd US Infantry Regiment and the US Army Fife and Drums Corps.
For more details and user comments, view the versions of this application
|Version||Description||Latest Rating||Latest Wine version tested||Test results||Comments|
|1.02c||Latest update to the game, as of Nov. 30, 2008.||Garbage||1.1.18||2||0|
|1.10e QF2||Last version (July 2016).||Platinum||1.9.14||1||0|