What does not
Program execution fails resulting from an unhandled page fault.
What was not tested
|Operating system||Test date||Wine version||Installs?||Runs?||Used|
|Show||Debian GNU/Linux Unstable "Sid" x86_64||Dec 15 2008||1.1.31||Yes||Yes||Silver||ed pi|
|Show||Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic" amd64 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Sep 11 2009||1.1.29||Yes||Yes||Gold||Valerio|
|Show||openSUSE 11.0||Dec 22 2008||1.1.11||Yes||Yes||Platinum||Chris Hockenbrocht|
|Show||Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid" i386 (+ variants like Kubuntu)||Nov 30 2008||1.1.9||Yes||No||Garbage||an anonymous user|
|Show||OpenGEU 8.04 Luna Crescente||Sep 03 2008||1.1.5||Yes||Yes||Gold||Calgar C|
Audio / Video File Support
For Codec support install QuickTime with winetricks. Tested with .mp3 audio and .mp4 video files.
I get missing gstreamer 32bit lib errors when I don't do this. So I suppose gstreamer could be an native alternative.
$ winetricks quicktime72
Set your Windows version to Vista or 7 in winetricks to get rid of the black screen bug from QuickTime.
Black Screen on Startup
If you have the screen cleared black on startup when you use QuickTime for codecs, you have encountered Bug 1347.
Set Wine to Windows 7 mode in winecfg to fÂix this.
Bad Audio Quality
If you have bad audio quality, try a sample rate of 48000 in the audio settings.
If this does not help and you use pulseaudio (default on Ubuntu), kill it. Kill it with fire. (sudo killall pulseaudio).
Make sure the audio test in winecfg sounds good and is played back completely.
Exporting / Rendering Audio
$ git clone git://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git && cd wine
$ patch -p1 < abletonexport.diff
$ ./configure && make -j3
Pass the path to the auz file as first parameter to Live.exe with an absolute Windows path. You only need to do this once.
$ wine Live.exe "C:\foo.auz"
YOU NEED LOTS OF CPU AND POWER! DSP IS ALMOST MANDATORY
i am using a 2.8 64 x2 and 4gb of memory... with nexus and 12 tracks 11 of them midi and nexus i am hitting 130% cpu
turning off multicore cpu miht fix this problem
after m,any many many tests i have been able to fix all problems in ableton.
first off here is my setup
amd64 x2 5400+
cd rw/ dvd rw etc...
firepod fp10 interface
cme uf-5 with uf400e mifi controller
edirol,mxl and other stuff
first of you will nned 3 programs. ABLETON, JACK< and AUDACITY
1. setup your audio settings in wine to jack and only jack.
2. load up jack and start your freebob drivers or what ever audio drivers you are using. Make sure you are recording at 44.1k. <i>i am recording at 44.1k with 2048 samples using freebob and default interface</i>
3. in ableton set your audio to jack input 0 and output 1.
4. create a new file in the jack patchbay.
5. in audacity setup up audio to record from wine jack output 1.
6. hit record in audacity then hit record in ableton :D
you should be able to render all ableton data directly into audacity.
HOWTO GET ABLETON RUNNING
this is simple.
1. install wine 1.1.3 (i am sing 1.1.4)
2. install ableton. this should work best on anything based or built off ubuntu.
3. ableton the gui and all functions shhould run just fine. 1 problem will occur. first ableton cant find the wav you are rendering when recording audio tracks and rendering out final product.
VIDEO TUTORIAL WILL BE ONLINE SOON :d
OMFG I did it. i have set the external editor for ableton to work with audacity.
here is a tutorial. its pretty simple.
in the ableton prefrences go under file/folder. then click on the external editor button. after you do that go to usr/bin and select audacity. you need to make sure you are viewing all files not just exe.
this shoudl let you use the linux version of audacity with ableton :D
open up audacity and in teh prefrences set the recording audio to "wine jack output #" # bieng replaced by the output you are using in live. you need to have wine setup with jack audio to do this :D.
once complete you should be able to render out full songs by recording them directly into audacity